(Photo – some children discussing Maasai culture with a UK school, via Skype)
As we approach the end of the year, here is a quick round-up of what we have achieved in 2016, with the help of our sponsors, donors and volunteers:
- 185 children received an education
- Another 25 sponsors will support the new children starting in 2017
- Two more classrooms build ready for January 2017
- The fundraising for another classroom is completed
- One new bore-hole now working properly with water for the community and a large food growing plot.
- A total of 227 hand pumps now repaired. These were installed by other charities then left.
- The orphange is now open, with children there since September
- The clinic is getting a good reputation and starting to really help the community.
We look forwards to an equally successfull 2017.