** Help us build the next classroom. For 1 week only 4th – 10th December, donations will be doubled see here **
A UK charity working in the Maasai areas of Kenya helping families out of poverty through education, health and local clean water and by assisting people to become more economically active. Helping Kenya and Africa help itself is our main objective.
We are a team of volunteers with no salaries or costs thus 100% of monies we receive go to the projects in Kenya. Nothing is used for any UK expenses.
Osiligi – the Maasai word for ‘hope’ – is the Charity’s objective of providing hope to this community.
Our Charity projects
Our projects help people have better health, more skills or more productive time, so helping to reduce the cycle of poverty. These include:
- Local clean water
- Sponsoring children through school
- Providing an orphanage and girls’ safe house.
- New technologies
(click on the links above for more information on the projects)
Why was the charity started?
The charity was started to help the Osiligi Maasai Warriors’ community in Southern Kenya. Most of the Charity’s projects are in the 100 square miles around the Warriors’ community, but some, such as the pump repair project are across Kenya. The Warriors tour the UK yearly performing their songs, tribal ceremonies and educating people about their community.
Projects for 2016
- Finishing the building of an orphanage at the school for the many orphans and girls at risk.
- Subsidising the clinic for 2016 so that many more from the community can access health care at a very low cost.
- Repairing 100 of other charities’ broken water pumps.
- Sponsoring children through primary education – 25 new sponsors required for January 2017.
- Building six 1 acre agriculture ‘allotment’ plots with solar powered bore-hole .
- Build 2 more classrooms, ready for January 2017.
- A toilet for clinic and school visitors.
- Raise funds to build additional teachers’ accommodation.
If you would like to help with any of these projects, please see the relevant web page, email us or click the donate button. We urgently need new sponsors for the children starting school in January 2017.
Here is the location of the Osiligi Obaya school:
This short video gives an overview of the charity’s work in Maasai Kenya:
For the latest news on our projects, have a look at our Facebook page or our blog.